Monday, November 16, 2009

I felt free

I felt free, for a while.
Escaped from a warm cocoon
A bird in flight, I was running
Not turning back
If I did, I might see you.

Dodging through the trees, it never takes too long
Floating, drifting, I’m lost.

Always programmed to swim back
to the mother ship,
to the naval base,
to your arms.

There, I’m surrounded with what I know,
Like a cloud of constant consolation.

Déjà vu. The bruises reappear, it’s a trap.
You’ve always been Batman’s Two-Face.

I don’t blame you, really.
I don’t have blue eyes…
You do though, they look like the ocean.
I don’t have blonde hair either,
But at least it’s long…right?

The contact is what always kills me.
Damn my nerve endings and my five senses.
Damn you, too.

In a constant limbo, I’m losing my balance.
Why’d you have to find me? Count to the number 1212 next time.
Oh, no don’t, because that’s us too…

If I were a magician I couldn’t make you disappear
You have the strength though, you could snap me.
I could be the girl who gets cut in half.

Whiplash, I’m on your leash.
Wrapped around your ring finger.

This is a never ending jigsaw puzzle,
And I’m scared to know the answer.
Maybe I’ll just never finish it…

But I’m tired of being stuck in the mud,
Tired of being a boomerang.
Do you reel the fish in to catch it?
Or are you just going to throw it back?

I just have to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment